Find out what cookies our website uses and why we use them.
What are Cookies?
WEARECHANGE.ORG.UK puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
- remember you while you’re changing your email subscriptions
Find out more about how to manage cookies.
Measuring website usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics) to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements, for example improving site search.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on our website
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
Google Analytics sets the following cookies.
|_ga||This helps us count how many people visit our website by tracking if you’ve visited before||2 years|
|_gid||This helps us count how many people visit our site by tracking if you’ve visited before||24 hours|
|_gat||Used to manage the rate at which page view requests are made||10 minutes|
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.